Is holistic life and/or relationship coaching right for me?
Seeking out coaching is an individual choice and/or a choice you and your partner can make. There are many reasons why people may want life and/or relationship coaching.
Coaching is based on attending and focusing in the present and actualizing a desired future. Coaching is less emotionally based than therapy and is results oriented. If during the course of coaching, we find that you would benefit from psychotherapy or medical services, (or that therapy would be more appropriate for you than coaching) your coach will make that recommendation and try to help make a referral for you. If you choose to seek psychotherapy services in addition to your coaching, we have found that it is more effective if provided by a different therapist. Please let us know if you are seeing a therapist concurrently with coaching.
Holistic Life and Relationship Coaching is right for anyone who is interested in getting the most out of their life by:
- taking intentional responsibility
- creating greater self-awareness
- harnessing their energy
- taking inspired action
- reflecting for learning
- assessment of desired results
- celebrating their accomplishments
- assimilating transformational impact in their life and relationship.
Do I really need coaching? I can usually deal with life’s challenges on my own.
At some time or other, everyone goes through challenging situations in life. Those who seek coaching have successfully navigated through life and take personal responsibility for dealing with their life’s challenges. And, they wish to realize the benefits from utilizing a coaching resource to help articulate their vision, purpose and goals, to tap into their inner resources and options to realize and achieve their life and relationship possibilities. They wish to take steps to further their development and growth in their life and relationships. They desire to live consciously, meaningfully and on purpose.
- Committed to their personal growth and transformation
- Becoming conscious and learning to think, be and do things differently than their ancestors.
- Understanding they may not have control over certain circumstances and events that occur in life, but they do believe they have control over how they respond to these situations.
- Approaching life’s challenges by learning versus blaming.
- Committed to grow their relationship versus the “fix” of divorce or separation.
- In spite of circumstances, tension or difficulties, desiring to be centered grounded.
- Willing to “hang in there” and work with and through challenges
- They desire to understand, communicate honestly and connect in a spirit centered way.
- They have a deep commitment to living and loving in a healthy and healing way.
- They want their quality of life to be transformed on every level – their work, their health, their relationships, their passion and meaning.
- They desire to experience more joy, more celebration, more connection, more fulfillment.
- They want to be well physically, emotionally, relationally and spiritually and want all of their relationships to be healthy and fulfilling.
- They know there is a Higher Purpose to their life and their relationships and seek to be a partnership that supports its realization.
- To live with and on purpose
- To be vital, healthy and care of my well-being, physically, emotionally, energetically, mindfully, soulfully, socially, relationally, spiritually.
- To be in a deeply loving, intimate, conscious marriage/relationship that lasts
- To have balance between being and doing, between working and living
- To communicate and connect wisely, compassionately and be confidently empowered
- To balance taking better care of myself and my significant relationship
- To move out of and beyond being stuck in achieving my goals
- To fulfill my soul path, life dream
- To work with our difference(s) together and become an effective relationship
- To complete a project and follow through a commitment
Coaches can provide a fresh perspective on a difficult dilemma or point you in the direction of a possible solution. The benefits you obtain from coaching depend on how well you use the process and put into practice what you learn. Some of the benefits available from coaching include:
- Attaining a better understanding of yourself, your signature strengths, beliefs, supports, goals and values
- Developing skills and harnessing inner resources for improving your relationship to yourself and to others
- Finding resolution to the issues or concerns that led you to seek coaching
- Learning new ways (holistic process and tools) to resolve and manage challenges
- Tapping one’s inner wisdom and guidance
- Improving one’s ability to connect through communications channels and enhanced listening skills
- Transforming beliefs and behavior patterns that hinder growth and develop appropriate new ones that are life giving that foster well-being and
- Discovering ways to deal with relationship concerns from a conscious and evolving place.
- Enhancing and integrating wisdom, compassion and empowerment with regard for the higher purposes of one’s relational journey.
What is coaching like?
Every coaching session is unique and is customized to each individual/couple/group according to their specific goals. Coaching can be by telephone, by internet/email or by video conferencing via internet. We also utilize SKYPE for those who call from outside the USA.
- The Short form: 6 sessions
- The Medium form: 12 sessions
- The Long form: 24 sessions
- Creating your vision or big picture, purpose or goal
- Brainstorming new ways of thinking, innovative ways of perceiving and doing to achieve your desired goals
- Identifying resources, supports and processes for attaining goals
- Exploring and experimenting with options with practical guidance
- Developing an inspired action plan with specific attainable steps with target dates
- Acknowledging your level of commitment to your goal and working through challenges steps
- Practice, implement and readjust strategies and processes
- Affirm learning and celebrate growth and goals achieved each step of the way
All information shared in session is confidential except in circumstance governed by the laws including the mandatory reporting of alleged harm to self or harm to others, and in the case of child, handicapped person, or elder abuse. We are required by law to report such confidences to the proper authorities.
What if I have concerns about the coaching process, is feedback possible?
- What outcome/results do I want specifically for a coach to assist me in achieving?
- What do I do to stop myself from achieving my goal(s)?
- In what way and how do I want to be held accountable in order to achieve my goal?
- How will I know when I have achieved my goal?
- How would I like to affirm and celebrate my achievement of my goal?